Anti-aging of the brain and body are ideas that cutting edge science and technologies are now presenting to the public. The ideas that aging can be slowed down or stopped are here to stay. Dr. Bob started practicing anti-aging protocols in the 1960's. He formulated ideas on anti-aging protocols that are in this article. This writer as followed the science of anti-aging for many years and in my opinion it seems that cutting edge technology is finally catching up to Dr. Bob's anti-aging protocols. Dr. Bob often said, "go with the flow and contribute to the music of the motion."
Dr. Bob's Anti-aging Program
1) Dr. Bob advised a multivitamin and mineral with all anti-aging protocols. The multi provides cofactors needed. He also advised the brand name Maxilife because he said the doses covered most deficiencies or insufficiencies.
2) Dr. Bob advised buffered vitamin C powder 1-3 grams 3 times a day. Vitamin C is the vitamin that runs the immune system, is involved in building collagen, is an important antioxidant, and many other important aspects.
3) Dr. Bob advised growth hormone supplementation. Growth hormone is considered to be a vital hormone that is involved with cell division, repair of cells, aids in making other hormones work better, and many other functions that can slow down degeneration, damage, and other aspects of aging. An oral growth hormone supplement is available from this web site.
4) Dr. Bob advised 5-25 mg DHEA for women and 25-50 mg DHEA for men, after the age of 35 years. He recommended taking it in the morning, preferably between 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM. He said to cycle it 5 days on and take 2 days off each week. He said stop taking it 1 week out of every 7 weeks. If you are taking growth hormone supplementation, use DHEA in conjunction with growth hormone. DHEA helps to balance the hormones, promotes muscle mass, boosts immunity and many other vital functions that can slow down degeneration, damage, and other aspects of aging.
5) Dr. Bob advised 1-3 mg of melatonin 1 hour before bedtime and if you are using growth hormone supplementation take them at the same time. Melatonin helps to balance hormones, is involved in sleep cycles, is an antioxidant in the brain, and many other vital functions that can slow down degeneration, damage, and other aspects of aging.
6) Dr. Bob advised 1 gram of calcium and 500 mg of magnesium daily after the age of 35 years. He recommended most of your calcium and magnesium be taken near bedtime. He also said you can get some of your dose in buffered vitamin C powders that contain calcium and magnesium. On the product page we handle TLC buffered ascorbic C, which we believe fits Dr. Bob's criteria of a vitamin C-magnesium-calcium blend. Calcium and magnesium are vital to maintain proper cell balance inside and outside the cells, which is important in the prevention of many diseases, degeneration, and other types of damage.
7) Dr. Bob advised Whey protein 1-3 times daily (morning, evening, and after workouts). Whey is a high quality protein and the body needs adequate amounts of the right type of proteins to function properly.
8) Dr. Bob advised 250 mg of Cytidine Choline (CDP) 5 days on it and 2 days off it. It helps maintain proper brain function, helps maintain proper levels of important brain neurotransmitters (chemicals that run the brain), and helps with many other important aspects of the brain. The body ages from the brain down, so anti-aging ideas need to benefit the brain as well as the body.
9) Dr. Bob advised 250 mg of vitamin B5. Vitamin B5 is essential for brain function. It helps to metabolize substances the brain needs. Many nutrients that are used for the brain need to be broken down into other forms before the brain can use them and this is the job of B5. Without adequate amounts of B5 many nutrients used for brain protocols cannot work. Dr. Bob had a photographic memory and read unimaginable amounts of medical literature so he could help everyone who ever asked for his help. In this tremendous amount of reading he said it was sad and incredible that the public had been informed of many beneficial ideas to improve the brain, but the right amounts of vitamin B5 had not been included almost universally in information disseminated to help improve the brain. He said modern research has been aware that high amounts of B5 are needed in combination with nutrients used by the brain and yet almost no authors who disseminate information to the public about brain protocols includes this valuable information.
10) Dr. Bob advised 75-150 mg of Inositol Hexanicotinate-niacin-no-flush. This is a form of niacin B3 that usually does not result in a skin flush. Other niacin usually result in a temporary skin flush and itching, which many people find too uncomfortable. In addition, Inositol Hexanicotinate is considered a better form of niacin than the flush niacin, because it can penetrate the blood-brain-barrier more effectively than other niacin. Dr. Bob had a favorite expression, "go with the flow and contribute to the music of the motion." The Coronary Drug Project, a project run 2 decades by the modern medical establishment, gave the following conclusion that niacin significantly reduced mortality in every cause of death that was analyzed by the project, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and many other causes. The result was about 40% decrease in mortality. For this reason Dr. Bob named niacin B3 the anti-death vitamin. There is more information on niacin in the article, "Niacin the Anti-death Vitamin," in the section called overlooked cures. Go with the flow and consider the anti-death vitamin as part of an anti-aging program.
11) Dr. Bob advised Acetyl L-Carnitine 1 to 1 and 1//2 grams each day in the AM. It is a free radical fighter in the brain, can help improve brain function, regenerate nerve function, and many other benefits that can help decrease stress in the brain and increase efficiency and function of the brain.
12) Probiotics is the process of feeding live bacteria to prevent or treat disease. Dr. Bob advised probiotics, using live bacteria to treat bacteria and bacteria products. He recommended you eat organic, non-fat yogurt that contained L. bulgaricus, L. acidophilus, and B. bifidum. L. bulgaricus is intended to help the GI tract be more suitable for the survival and growth of L. acidophilus and B. bifidum. L. acidophilus is the main bacteria of the small intestine while I. bifidum is the primary bacteria of the large intestine. All three are important, I acidophilus and B. bifidum to help the small and large intestine and L. bulgaricus, a transient bacteria, to make the other two work better.
13) Dr. Bob advised 5 grams of multi-fiber daily when possible. The "good" yeast use fiber as a food supply and you should feed them well so they can do a good job for you. In addition, multi-fiber increases bulk and roughage in stools and this aids in eliminating waste from the body, which as many benefits that can be considered anti-aging.
14) Dr. Bob advised to eat 5 or more small meals a day. In science it is known that the best way to increase life span in animal studies is to decrease food supply. Eating less helps animals, in studies, live a great deal longer. The idea behind eating less: most aging in the body is considered by modern medical science to be the result of oxidation processes and free radicals in the body. This web site describes these conditions in the free radical section of the web site. The point is digestion and breaking down food leads to great amounts of oxidation and free radicals that the body must neutralize. When you eat large quantities of food at a meal, the digestion is less efficient, which can lead to excess oxidation and free radicals. Eating smaller meals is more efficient and should lead to fewer oxidative processes and free radicals. This can be considered anti-aging.
15) Dr. Bob advised an optimal antioxidant program. Animal studies have shown large increases in life span using optimal amounts of antioxidants. Antioxidants are substances that detox, repair, and heal the body. Science has not yet determined the most optimal antioxidants and the doses needed. However, from a chemistry point of view the body works in pathways. The main pathways are called optimal pathways and the secondary pathways are sometimes called survival pathways. The survival pathways are less efficient, more pro-inflammatory, create more free radicals, and so on versus optimal pathways. This is why the idea of optimal pathways is more vital than simply bombarding your body with antioxidants. If your choices and doses of antioxidants do not create pathways that are optimal than you can lose a great deal of benefit and even be detrimental to the body. Dr. Bob, based on his observations and studies, considered several antioxidants at certain optimal, dose levels vital to opening up optimal pathways. The following antioxidants and doses were Dr. Bob's ideas based on observations spanning approximately 4 decades, from the 1960's to the 1990's. If you choose to use any of these supplements and in these doses this is your choice, since there is yet no scientific evidence to show that these are the appropriate choices to open optimal pathways.
∑ Dr. Bob advised 250 mg N-acetyl cysteine daily.
∑ Dr. Bob advised 2-5 grams of buffered vitamin C powder daily.
∑ Dr. Bob advised 600 I.U. of dry vitamin E daily. If you use blood thinners check this out with your doctor before beginning vitamin E.
∑ Dr. Bob advised 400 mcg of the organic form of selenium, called selenomethionine, in divided doses.
∑ Dr. Bob advised 200-300 mg of sustained release alpha lipoic acid.
16) Dr. Bob advised proper hygiene everyday. He recommended brushing your teeth 2-3 times a day, gargling with effective gargles, washing your hands several times a day, bathing, and other hygiene. The immune system must spend a great deal of energy guarding the surface areas of the body and when you keep up cleanliness you remove many potential factors that can result in immune system activation. This decreases the amount of the immune system needed to guard the surface areas of the body, which frees up energy to help run the body better. This can result in higher efficiency and function of metabolic processes, which Dr. Bob felt was effective to help anti-age.
17) Dr. Bob advised a weekly aerobic and weightlifting program. The basic idea is building muscle, improving the cardiovascular system, boosting immunity, and other known benefits from exercise are all processes that can help slow down or stop degeneration, disease, and damage to the body.
18) Dr. Bob advised yoga. He said yoga was beneficial in many ways, but the main anti-aging point is yoga can balance many of the hormones in the body. As we age, a large problem often is improper balanced hormones and yoga can affect balancing hormones a great deal, according to Dr. Bob.
19) Dr. Bob advised meditation. Meditation can calm the mind and body. This decreases stress in the body. Decreasing stress can decrease damage, disease, and degeneration in the body. Dr. Bob said this was anti-aging.
In conclusion, the body ages from the brain first and then the body. Modern science considers a great deal of aging to be the result of damage, degeneration, and disease that occurs to the body. The ideas that are recommended by Dr. Bob in this article help to decrease stress in the body. Decreasing stress in the body can result in less damage, disease, and degeneration. Also, decreasing stress in the body, increases available energy that the body can use for processes other than to neutralize stress. This will increase energy for metabolism, energy production, circulation, and many other processes throughout the body. Dr. Bob said this would help the body run more efficiently and function at higher levels. Dr. Bob said improving the body, getting it to run better, was certainly helping to neutralize damage, disease, and degeneration in the body. Dr. Bob advised people to consider modifying their life style, supplementation, nutrition, exercise, and other positive factors that could improve the quality of life and potentially lengthen life span.
Note Ė In order for these anti-aging ideas to be successful, you must use supplements of the highest quality. Dr. Bob often said, "almost all supplement companies produce poor quality." You can consider the product page of this web site. Almost all the products met Dr. Bobís approval. Since he passed away we have attempted to keep the same high standards.
WARNING: DO NOT STOP ANY TREATMENT OR MEDICATION YOU CURRENTLY USE. CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING THE USE OF SUPPLEMENTS.
Thank you for visiting this web site. Go with the flow and contribute to the music of the motion. If you are happy with any information found on this web site, please consider a donation.The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated any of the statements contained on this web site. The information contained in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Remember each person's body is different and will react differently to various herbal, vitamin and mineral supplements. Therefore, any supplementation must be administered on an individual basis. Use the information found on this web site as precisely that: Information. You and your doctor must make any final decisions. This information is not meant to replace any doctor and patient consultation. This information should in no way replace your personal physician's advice.
Updates *What's New*
Direct inquires about the site to the Web master. Remember to refresh the site to view new additions.
Page Last Modified: 26 Sep 2004