Many heroin addicts lose hair. The hair falls out leaving thinning hair. Dr. Bob
is mentioned many times on this web site. He was a M.D. internal medicine,
orthomolecular doctor, M.D. psychiatrist, chiropractor, and healer 65 years. He
was a diabetic who lived to 108 years with only 1 side effect. He started
treating addicts in the 1930's and continued to treat them for 7 decades.
Dr. Bob stated that nutrient therapy can often help conditions of thinning hair. The following information are ideas that Dr. Bob explained would help benefit and strengthen hair. Strengthening the hair is a way to keep it from falling out
1. Use MSM. MSM is a supplement that helps build hair, skin, and nails. Thus it will help against thinning hair. Repeated heroin use, whether the addict has stopped or is still using, has created great stress in the body. Repeated heroin use results in metabolic and biochemical changes in the body leading to diseased conditions, resulting in increased stress in the body. This means that supplementation needs to be in greater amounts than healthy people. The reason is that the stress created from the diseased conditions from heroin use leads to inefficiency and declining function of the body. The result is the body must work harder and longer and this requires more nutrients than a healthy person. Dr. Bob advised 3 grams total per day of MSM, in divided doses.
2. Use selenium. Dr. Bob said selenium is a mineral that promotes healthy hair. Due to the great stress of repeated use of heroin, the dose he recommended was 200-400 mcg of selenomethionine total per day, in divided doses.
3. Use N-acetyl-cysteine. Is a protein that strengthens hair. Dr. Bob advised 250-mg total daily.
4. Use Maxilife multi vitamin and mineral. Most multi vitamin and minerals are based on a 170-pound, healthy 30-year-old male. Due to the great stress of heroin use, the typical doses of supplements are not adequate for addicts. According to Dr. Bob, Maxilife has deficiency doses, meaning it has the right amounts for stressful conditions that heroin use has created. Dr. Bob recommended the full daily dose of Maxilife to get the unique benefit of its deficiency doses. All nutrients work in synergy, meaning they all work together. This means that there are many cofactors involved with every process in the body. Maxilife is excellent insurance that you will have most of the cofactors your body needs and in the right amounts.
5. Use ion-exchange whey protein concentrate. The hair is made from protein and high quality protein will promote stronger hair. Whey is one of the highest quality proteins and Dr. Bob advised 2 or 3 whey shakes per day for addicts. Often addicts have digestion problems and whey is pre-digested, making it easy on the digestion and therefore an excellent choice for heroin addicts.
6. Use 100-300 mg of vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is essential to metabolize protein. The body cannot use protein without the appropriate amounts of vitamin B6. Dr. Bob found almost all heroin addicts, whether they were still using or had stopped, were deficient in vitamin B6. In addiction, vitamin B6 is involved with over 128 other enzyme processes in the body, meaning many aspects of the body cannot function well without adequate amounts of vitamin B6. Dr. Bob felt many of the problems that heroin addicts have, as well as thinning hair, could be helped by vitamin B6 supplementation. He recommended 100-300 mg total per day, in divided doses.
There are many possible reasons why hair falls out. It can possibly be due to immune function, scalp problems, lack of high quality protein in the diet, and many other possible reasons. However, Dr. Bob often asked if you were freezing in the wilderness, if you had a match and wood, would you ask why a match can make fire or would you light the match and start a fire? The point is there are some nutrients that benefit hair. This writer had thinning hair and just adding the N-acetyl cysteine that Dr. Bob recommended stopped my hair from falling out further. So the idea is nutrients can benefit your hair and the result may be to stop further hair loss. Dr. Bob often said, "go with the flow and contribute to the music of the motion."
Note Ė In order for these anti-aging ideas to be successful, you must use supplements of the highest quality. Dr. Bob often said, "almost all supplement companies produce poor quality." You can consider the product page of this web site. Almost all the products met Dr. Bobís approval. Since he passed away we have attempted to keep the same high standards.
WARNING: DO NOT STOP ANY TREATMENT OR MEDICATION YOU CURRENTLY USE. CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING THE USE OF SUPPLEMENTS.
Thank you for visiting this web site. Go with the flow and contribute to the music of the motion. If you are happy with any information found on this web site, please consider a .
The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated any of the
statements contained on this web site. The information contained in this article
is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Remember each
person's body is different and will react differently to various herbal, vitamin
and mineral supplements. Therefore, any supplementation must be administered on
an individual basis. Use the information found on this web site as precisely
that: Information. You and your doctor must make any final decisions. This
information is not meant to replace any doctor and patient consultation. This
information should in no way replace your personal physician's advice.
Direct inquires about the site to the Web master. Remember to refresh the site to view new additions.
Page Last Modified: 26 Sep 2004