Understanding Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Bob is mentioned many times on this web site. He was a M.D. internal medicine, orthomolecular doctor, M.D. psychiatrist, chiropractor, and healer 65 years. He was a diabetic who lived to 108 years and had only 1 side effect 2 years before he passed away.
Dr. Bob said rheumatoid arthritis was very destructive in the body. Therefore this destruction had to be neutralized before healing could take hold in the body. Dr. Bob said you had to focus on the destructive aspects of rheumatoid arthritis at the beginning and later, when you had slowed down the destruction, you could focus on healing tissue. Rheumatoid arthritis is highly inflammatory, circulation to the involved joints is impaired, autoimmune disease exists, free radical production is occurring, excess cortisol is being produced, and other negative aspects are occurring. Dr. Bob has a protocol for the destructive aspects of autoimmune disease. This protocol is in the article, "Dr. Bob's Autoimmune Protocol." We suggest you read this article and the other article on arthritis, "Dr. Bob's Understanding of Arthritis".
1. Dr. Bob advised 100 mg of vitamin B6 in the AM and PM. Dr. Bob felt there was a deficiency of B6 in rheumatoid arthritis. B6 is involved with cell division. Therefore B6 is vital to help grow new tissue which is needed for healing.
2. Dr. Bob advised 1/2 teaspoon of inositol powder in the AM and PM. Dr. Bob said nerves are often involved in the inflammation process and inositol powder helps nerves work properly.
3. Dr. Bob recommended Maxilife multi vitamin and mineral. Arthritis can lead to nutritional deficiencies and Dr. Bob advised a multivitamin and mineral to cover deficiencies. The only one he found that had the right doses for deficiencies and insufficiencies was Maxilife. When you do not know you are deficient this can lead to further illness and breakdown. Maxilife can protect this from happening.
4. Dr. Bob advised Noni. Noni is available from this web site. Dr. Bob said he found Noni to be the best natural substance to promote healing of tissue in diseased conditions such as arthritis.
5. Dr. Bob advised 1 Tylenol and 3 Advil at the same time for pain. Dr. Bob said he often found this works better than codeine.
6. Dr. Bob advised antioxidants to repair and heal the body. Antioxidants are what the body uses to repair and heal from such conditions as arthritis. You can supplement many antioxidants to supply your body with ammunition to fight back against the damage from arthritis. There are many antioxidant protocols, however Dr. Bob advised supplementing vitamin C, vitamin E, N-acetyl-cysteine (N-A-C), selenium, and alpha lipoic acid as important in neutralizing damage in arthritis. He recommended from 5-15 grams of vitamin C total each day, in divided doses. He recommended 400 IU in the AM and PM of dry vitamin E daily. He recommended 250 mg of N-acetyl-cysteine once in the morning. He recommended 200-400 mcg of selenomethonine daily. He recommended 200-300 mg in the AM and PM of alpha lipoic acid daily and he preferred a sustained release if available. The body works by using what is called optimal pathways. When the body is not able to use optimal pathways it must use less optimal pathways, sometimes called survival pathways. The survival pathways are more inflammatory, less efficient; more work is required, and other less desirable effects than optimal pathways. So Dr. Bob advised certain antioxidants that worked along optimal pathways and made other antioxidants and nutrients more efficient. (Note: Modern medical science has not yet determined the optimal antioxidants and optimal doses, so Dr. Bob's antioxidant ideas are based on his own observations and studies. If you chose to use any of Dr. Bob's methods this is by your own choice, since medical science has not yet determined optimal antioxidants and doses.) Also we suggest you read the article on this web site called "Overlooked Cure for Terminal Illness." This offers additional ideas and understanding about the role of antioxidants from an orthomolecular point of view. Orthomolecular medicine is a system of medicine that medical M.D. practitioners use throughout the world and United States. It is a system of medicine using mainly natural substances, non-toxic and safe in a wide range of dose. It uses mainly herbs and minerals/vitamins.
7. Dr. Bob advised about 800 mg of SAMe each day. He said SAMe grows cartilage. It is the only thing he ever found that actually regrows cartilage. He said combine it with growth hormone supplementation. Dr. Bob said use both in combination to create a synergetic effect in regrowing cartilage. Human growth hormone is involved in the repair, growth, and healing of tissues in the body. Growth hormone supplementation may increase the regrowing aspects of cartilage by SAMe.
8. We recommend TMG crystals. TMG can increase levels of SAMe. SAMe can be expensive and TMG can be used to pinch hit for SAMe. It is even better if you can combine SAMe, TMG, and growth hormone supplementation to create synergy along with a multivitamin and mineral supplement.
9. Dr. Bob advised growth hormone supplementation. It supports SAMe and this can help in regrowing cartilage.
10. Dr Bob advised to drink distilled water. Bottled water, spring water, mountain water, and any water not distilled likely contains toxins because they are not pure water. Drink only pure water and do not add to your immune burden by drinking water that increases toxins in your body that overtaxes the immune and detox systems. Sometimes Dr. Bob found drinking distilled water led to greater improvement in arthritis. This usually indicated that toxins in the water were harming the overtaxed arthritic person's immune system. Even if toxins are not adding to the problem of arthritis, the distilled water is one of the best ways to detox from arthritis according to Dr. Bob.
11. Dr. Bob stated the emotion of resentment or other negative emotions such as worry and fear can add to the rate of destruction from arthritis. This is discussed in the article, "The Rate of Destruction," and other articles on the web site. In general, high levels of emotion generated by emotions such as resentment, worry, fear, anger, and others of this negative variety result in signals being sent to the brain. The response of the brain is to send hormones into the bloodstream in order to prepare the body for flight or fight or whatever the particular level of response is appropriate. When no physical response takes place to use up these hormones created by negative emotions, the body cannot hold the hormones indefinitely in the bloodstream. The body must balance these hormones and usually does so by storing them somewhere in the body. In the case of resentment, Dr. Bob felt the body stored the hormones produced by resentment in the joints. This creates more problems in arthritis. Therefore there is an article called, "Resentment," that gives Dr. Bob's psychological ideas on resentment and also ideas to help this problem. Check it out.
In conclusion, arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis share many of the same ideas. However, the key difference according to Dr. Bob is the focus in rheumatoid arthritis needs to be on slowing down or stopping the destructive aspects. This was Dr. Bob's first priority. The "Dr. Bob's Autoimmune Protocol," describes these ideas. In the many other forms of arthritis there may be many different protocols that help heal, but once the destructive rate was too powerful as in rheumatoid arthritis, then many methods used in alternative methods and modern medicine usually will not be effective for long periods of time. The destructive rate is the problem now, according to Dr. Bob and healing tissue is for a later step in helping rheumatoid arthritis. In other words focus on stopping inflammation, improve circulation to aid the delivery of antioxidants and nutrients, reduce excess cortisol, neutralize and slow down free radical production, and other such ideas explained in the "Dr. Bob Autoimmune Protocol."
Dr. Bob often said, "good luck and may heaven's blessings be yours." If you like any cure or treatment on this web site you can make a donation. Thanks for coming to the web site.
Dr. Bob's ideas for rheumatoid arthritis:
1. Use 100 mg vitamin B6 in AM and PM.
2. Use ½ teaspoon of inositol powder AM and PM.
3. Use Maxilife multivitamin and mineral.
4. Use Noni.
5. For pain, 1 Tylenol and 3 Advil at the same time.
a. Vitamin C, 5-15 grams each day in divided doses.
b. Vitamin E, 400 I.U. in AM and PM.
c. N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC), 250 mg in AM.
d. Selenomethonine, 200-400 mcg daily in divided doses.
e. Sustained release alpha lipoic acid, 200-300 mg in AM and PM.
7. SAMe, 800 mg each day in divided doses.
8. TMG crystals.
9. Growth hormone supplementation.
10. Distilled water.
11. Avoid the emotion "resentment."
Note In order for these anti-aging ideas to be successful, you must use supplements of the highest quality. Dr. Bob often said, "almost all supplement companies produce poor quality." You can consider the product page of this web site. Almost all the products met Dr. Bobs approval. Since he passed away we have attempted to keep the same high standards.
WARNING: DO NOT STOP ANY TREATMENT OR MEDICATION YOU CURRENTLY USE. CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING THE USE OF SUPPLEMENTS.
Thank you for visiting this web site. Go with the flow and contribute to the music of the motion. If you are happy with any information found on this web site, please consider a .The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated any of the statements contained on this web site. The information contained in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Remember each person's body is different and will react differently to various herbal, vitamin and mineral supplements. Therefore, any supplementation must be administered on an individual basis. Use the information found on this web site as precisely that: Information. You and your doctor must make any final decisions. This information is not meant to replace any doctor and patient consultation. This information should in no way replace your personal physician's advice.
Updates *What's New*
Direct inquires about the site to the Web master. Remember to refresh the site to view new additions.
Page Last Modified: 24JAN02